- Tourism trip
- Visit relatives and/or friends
- Scientists, professors or researchers attending cultural, technological or scientific conferences, seminars.
- Participation in artistic or amateur sport competitions, whenever no monetary prize or admission is involved.
Requirements for US Citizens
- US valid/signed passport in good condition with at least two blank visa pages (Note: pages 22, 23, 24 are NOT visa pages) Need Rush Passport Services? Click Here
- One visa application form signed, completely filled out informing purpose of the trip
- One recent 2in X 2in passport type photo
- A copy of round-trip ticket/electronic ticket or reservation
- A copy of valid drivers license
- A host letter is needed if NOT staying at a hotel. The host signature must be notarized in Brazil (Fax is accepted. Call for details)
- Consulate fee $180.00 US Postal money order only (You can obtain at the Post Office) payable to the Consulate of Brazil
- Master Visa Service fee $59.00 payable by Money order to Master Visa Service
- $25 FedEx return fee
Applications and other forms
Click here to download the visa application form
Simply right click on the link and click on “save as” to save to your computer.
Click here to download the Master Visa Service order form
This file is a Word file that can be opened with Microsoft Word. A PDF File is also available.
Ready to send your documents? Click here to download a check list
This file is a PDF file that can be opened with Acrobat Reader
Send your documents to:
Master Visa Service
230 South Clark St. Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60604
Credit Card Payments
Credit Card payment is accepted with a 3% charge of your total order.
- We suggest that you send all your documents using UPS, FedEx, US Post Office Express Mail or US Post Office Priority mail with Delivery Confirmation. Please DO NOT use US Post Office Certified Mail since it will take 10-15 days to deliver.
- If you have chosen to use US Post Office Regular mail or Priority Mail without Confirmation to send OR return your passport, we are not responsible for delays, lost mail and lost Passports.
- Please note that all fees are non-refundable once we have successfully submitted your documents
- The Consulate determines the validity of all visas and length of stay allowed
- The first entry into Brazil must be made within 90 days after the visa was issued
- Minors (under 18 yeas of age) parents letter of authorization to travel to and from Brazil signed by both parents and/or guardians (signatures must be notarized by the notary public) Click Here to download the authorization form (Word Document)
- For children under 7 years of age, International certificate of vaccination against POLIO is required.
- Consulate processing time is at least 15 business days